Thursday, April 18, 2013

27 Weeks

I'm into my third trimester now and it's definitely  becoming more real that he will be here in a few months. He must have moved into a new position because I'm definitely a different shape and look almost smaller than last week. I would love to be able to find a new place to live before the baby comes, especially so I can set up a nursery. My stress this week comes from a huge lice epidemic going on at my step-daughter's school. I really don't want to risk being around lice because the chemicals to kill them are toxic and unnatural, and because I work in a salon part-time and the cleaning involved in a lice outbreak is unbelievable. My hubby's birthday is coming up on the 24th but he already got his present. We love Ghost Adventures so I got him all four seasons that are available on DVD plus Zak and Nick's books. We spend the latest snow day watching some of the episodes we've never seen. He still has a card to open on his birthday and I'm going to make him a cake. Our baby-moon is inching closer and I'm more than ready for a weekend break :)

How far along are you: 27 weeks - 5 days

How big is the baby: Cauliflower (14" and just over 2 lbs)

Baby's Gender: It's a BOY!

Baby's Name: It's a secret ;)

Weight Gained: I'm going to guess at least 10 pounds. I haven't stepped on the scale out of fear of what it will say.

Clothes: I still haven't shopped. Thankfully, my mom has been bringing over about one shirt a week. I really need a dress for the upcoming baptism on May 5th and still haven't even started to look for one.

How are you feeling: I've been much more tired and crabby, and I feel bad for anyone who has to deal with me. I use up all my nice-ness at work and then don't have any left for anyone else.

Symptoms: My pain of the week is actually my ribs! I believe he must have switched positions on Monday/Tuesday because I feel like I'm a different shape that I was last week and he has now started kicking my ribs on the right side. It hurts more than I thought it would but of course I'm just glad he's moving around :)

Cravings: Onion Bagels, Orange Juice, Ice Cream Sandwiches

How are you sleeping: I'd sleep fine if a certain kitty didn't wake me up at 5:30 am every morning by attempting to climb the headboard.

Other: I have been crocheting a lot lately and it really does help calm me down and help me stay relaxed. I knitted a two-strand scarf (which is much needed with this 22" of snow) and I just finished a first-attempt hat for Isabel which actually turned out pretty well except I should have used a stich marker so the last two rows aren't as even as I would like so I'm going to try again. (The picture is attempt number two)





No comments:

Post a Comment