Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Six Months



                                               I'm Six Months!



I say it over and over in my head... six months. How has half a year passed by and my beautiful son is growing up right before my eyes (or at least the daycare's eyes because I work too much for my own good).

As you know, he sits up perfectly on his own... he can roll back to front and vice versa... and he's finally figured out his M's so he now goes ma ma ma ma ma. It's so cute *lovey eyes*.

He did catch a little cold recently, but hey... it's daycare. That's what happens. Two kids at her daycare had RSV so it was a little scary for awhile there. He's better now but he did have a small ear infection so is currently finishing off his antiobiotics. 

We had his doctor's appointment this month too for his six month check-up. This poor guy got four shots and a the one that he had to drink. He was extremely mad at me about it. He does have to have the flu booster coming up at the beginning of March. He's going to be mad about that too, I can imagine. 

He's so healthy though, and I'm proud. He's 17 pounds 1 oz and 28 3/4 inches tall. His car seat is only good to 30 inches so that could be a problem shortly. The doctor said he's absolutely perfect and healthy. I love this before/during/after picture from his doctor's appointment. 


He hasn't figured out crawling yet. This isn't because he can't, it's because he hates being on his stomach and cries right away. He's kind of gives up too fast and I feel bad because he screams so loudly at the floor. He is able to balance himself on his hands and knees though. He may be that kid that walks first to be honest. 

He still has two bottom teeth, and working on hit top two. He's in the drooling and chewing on everything stage. He's actually been awake a lot more the past couple nights because I think his gums are bothering him. We went through the same thing before his bottom two popped through.

Here is a picture of his crib, green wall, and Dumbledore quote. It says "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."



Alaric must get his love of eating from me, because this kid can shovel away snacks like no one's business. He loves puffs which are all vegan so that's perfect and there are so many different flavors. He really loves the "Lil Crunchies" in the maple cinnamon flavor but I try to restrict too many of those. I found coconut milk melts to replace those yogurt melts that most kids like and then just some teething cookies to calm his gums too. 





These couple pictures were the pre-pictures to his six month photo shoot which can be seen in the previous post. 






It was Alaric's first valentine's day! We only have one red shirt for him so we broke it out for the occasion. We didn't do much this day but we did have some awesome vegan waffles that weekend and Alaric loved them. 





I'll just attach the other random pictures for the month. I swear Alaric thinks his name is Doodle because that's all Brad and I call him. I have no idea how that started but it's kind of stuck. Poor kid. 









As always, I'll throw some animal pictures in here. I have Nolan lounging, our new kitten Crookshanks, and all the cats looking absolutely panicked because we had a foster dog staying for five days and they hated her. Her name was Maysa and she was a high energy ball of love. I'm not going to lie though, I was happy to see her in her forever home because she ate a bunch of cat poop, my notebooks, and my bookmark. 





 


No comments:

Post a Comment