Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Four Months



                                                            I'm Four Months!


He's actually a couple weeks into five months already to show you how bad I update things! I'll get into my busy life a little later on but onto Mr. Alaric!




We had to go to the doctor for his four month check-up and vaccines. He absolutely hates these days! The worst part was honestly the fact that the doctor believed he heard a heart murmur so we had to go for an echocardiogram. No baby wants to sit through that! He did pretty good though and the results came back in the normal range. I can't tell you how much I breathed easier that day. I had a murmur when I was young and so did Isabel so I know that it's common with babies but every mama worries when they think something may be wrong no matter how little. 





We started on rice cereal and purees this month. He wasn't so sure about it at first but now he loves it! Vegetables are his favorite and he hates bananas. Such a weirdo. 




It was Alaric's first thanksgiving. Of course he wanted to eat when everyone else ate so grandma fed him a bottle at the table. I had made an amazing shitake and leek stuffed seitan roast and chickpea gravy. It was seriously...the best!  Next year alaric will be able to indulge a little more in some yummy vegan thanksgiving foods!




This was a snapchat I sent out on Thanksgiving too. He's actually kind of smiling. Normally you put that camera in his face and he's not having it. He just wants you to hand over the phone so he can eat it. 




My mom and I took him to Pride of Dakota and got him some more Bison Booties. I love these little bicycle ones! He had dinosaur ones in a smaller size too. You can also see a glimpse of his amber teething bracelet. 




He has this awesome toy at grandma's house. She says he can push himself backwards in it but I haven't seen it yet. It also opens up into a tray so it was a makeshift high chair for feeding as well. 




I love this one! That's six month pants and a six month hoodie. You are growing up too fast kiddo!





We also took these cute little pictures. Isabel had a polar express pajama day at school and they also celebrated her bithday. I brought sugar cones filled with mixed fruit. Thanks Pinterest! 




I also took the kids to see Santa a couple weeks before Christmas. Alaric kept playing with his hat and Isabel told him all about the Furby that she just had to have. 

As for Brad and I, we purchased our first home. I'll give you more into on that later because that's more into his fifth month. So we have been packing and planning, working full time, taking care of the kids, and every little thing in between. I personally feel like my head may explode!

We had a great month though. No complaints. I can't believe how much he's growing up. He just babbles away and although he had me up for a week straight with his teething I still adore being a mother. The fifth month is bringing many surprises I will share with you soon.

Wishing you much peace and many blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment