Monday, August 5, 2013

One Week



                                                     I'm one week old!


We are starting to get more on a schedule around here (or maybe I'm just getting used to less sleep). A couple nights this past week Alaric slept for quite a long time before I ended up waking him up to eat.

We actually had a busy week! I had to get my nails filled because they were driving me crazy (and we have newborn pictures this week) and he was so good and slept the whole time. We also had a doctor's appointment. He certainly did not like being poked and prodded. He is in the 100 percentile for his height at a whopping 23 inches long. He was weighing at 8 pounds 8 oz which isn't quite up to his birth weight but he's a really good eater.




My mom and I went to check out the Petco that just opened. It's pretty nice in there and I got Castiel and Nolan a catnip mouse that they love. Then on Sunday, we all went to Capital A'Fair with my parents. We didn't buy much except for some cashews for Brad and kettle corn for me. My parents bought Alaric some bison booties in dinosaur design which are adorable.



I also had invites made for Alaric's baptism which is set for August 25th. I can't wait to see his adorable-ness in his suit. I opt'd out of the all-white traditional garb and got him a black/white one instead. Since he is so little yet, we decided to get this 100% cotton suit from Jacqui's Preemie Pride - they have preemie and regular sized suits for babies. I thought this would be much more comfortable for him to wear while we are there.



We had some more Nolan/Alaric bonding time on the couch. 




While this went on, Castiel sat on me and stared at them like they were idiots.




He looks so suspicious in this shot, but I love his beautiful blue eyes!




I also did some more online shopping and bought my step-daughter his adorable new backpack for her first year in an actually elementry school! She's going to be in kindergarten starting August 20th. Oh how the time flies!





He was making noises at daddy who was making funny faces at him.



We had some musical education today with Michael Jackson music videos. He was very interested in the music and colors.



I hope to find all my dear readers, friends, and family in good health and spirits! Have a fantastic week =)






No comments:

Post a Comment