Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Baby Shower

The day of my baby shower started pretty early. I was over at my mom's house creating and piping frosting for a good hour. It's kind of one of my hidden talents that I didn't even know I had. I can create beautiful cupcakes. I decorated them with green frosting, sprinkles and mustache toppers.

Once I was done with that project, I headed home to take a shower and get ready! That's a whole project all on it's own. At least it didn't rain that day so I could wear one of my new dresses. Considering it poured for 12+ hours the day before, I didn't have my hopes up. The dress is from Motherhood Maternity and was really comfortable. The shoes I chose were not, but I did last in them for about two hours. I had about six hair styists at the shower (not including myself) yet I did my own hair. Not sure why. I definitely could have bribed one of them into coming over early for me. I just didn't think about it until last minute. 
My nails were an adorable lime green with mustache stickers (with matching toes) thanks to Melissa! I even had a mustache necklace and earrings thanks to Marlana!


Once I was all ready, I stopped by my friend Tyrah's house to pick up her gift. She couldn't make it last minute but I figured I would open her gift in front of everyone so they could see what she got me too. She made these adorable lil diaper guys. I loved them!



Marlana and I both showed up at my mom's house around noon and there was still so much to do. We set to work filling this watermelon "baby" with mixed fruits. My dad had created it from a picture that I found on Pinterest and it turned out so cute!

In between preparing everything, we were also taking random pictures. Here is a picture of Marlana and me (surprisingly, we don't have any together) and my mom and me too!


We did other odds and ends for about 30-40 minutes and then started to make the punch. I had made alcoholic mimosas (just because I can't drink doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't!) and a non-alcoholic ducky punch. We didn't get pictures of them really, but here's a picture of me scooping some out! I started out helping Marlana make the punch and then my friend Nikkie showed up with her newborn son, Bastion, and I was too distracted cuddling him to help anymore. So a huge thanks to Marlana for not getting distracted like me!


Nikkie and Tascha brought a diaper cake and a syrofoam board to set it up on with lots of goodies to go along with it. I loved the mustache ribbon. They are so creative!


My sister-in-law and niece brought over a diaper cake too. Unfortunatly, this is not a good picture of it because we cut off the top! Stuck in there was a cut out mustache and a sun. So adorable.


 We started by playing some games. I tried to pick something original and un-boring. One was just guessing the amount of diaper pins in a jar. The other two were paper games in which you "named the mustache" and matched the celeb babies with their parents. We had some cool prizes for the winners so I hope they enjoyed them. We had a diaper draw too. Everyone who brought diapers was entered to win a $50  Target gift card. Cari won but ended up giving the gift card back to me. Sneaky girl. 

We followed by eating some amazing food! Of course, I didn't get a picture of it all before we let people dig in. I wanted something for everyone. I made veg dogs and veg hamburgers for myself and had regular hot dogs and hamburgers for everyone else. We had a fruit and veggie tray, fruit pizza, veggie pizza, deviled eggs, potato salad, and cupcakes. There may have even been more than that! I wasn't even that hungry since I was running around all day so I only had 1/2 a hamburger but it was delicious. Everything tastes so good off the grill. I'm so glad it was nice out! 

We had some cool decorations and once I get  some pictures back from my mom's camera I will post them. My dad had hung lime green streamers from the ceiling and other paper decorations that I had bought. We had a balloon bouquet with green/white latex balloons and a giant mustache one too. I had even put mustache stickers on the latex balloons. We had a really cool "mustache bash" banner that thankfully arrived on time from the creator. 

After food, I opened all the presents. I got so much stuff! Of course, I got a lot of baby clothes, receiving blankets, baby socks, diapers & wipes, bankets, baby spoons and forks, a pop up hamper, a lullaby and projection machine, and a few Target gift cards (which were quickly used!) The blanket shown is the one Marlana made me, and I know how much work she put into it and I just love how it turned out and the colors. 



 I'll end with some pictures of some of the guests. All in all, it was a great day. A huge shout-out to my mom who hosted and made the whole thing go smoothly - my dad, who did all the decorations, watermelon "baby" and grilled for us - Marlana, who helped with all other odds and ends and took care of taking lots of pictures, getting the games passed out and started, making the punch, etc - and of course all my guests who were able to make it. You made me feel so special and loved. Thank you!

My grandma's

Malory, Kristal & baby Kamydn

Melissa, Beth & Brandi

Melissa & Beth
Tascha, Cari & Melissa






No comments:

Post a Comment