Tuesday, May 21, 2013

32 Weeks

8 weeks to go! I actually have a lot to fill you in on. The concert was really great, but we only stayed for Pop Evil and In This Moment. I was so tired of standing and my feet were aching and swollen. The music was great, but standing was terrible. So, unfortunately I was miserable the whole time. I had a doctor's appointment on Thursday and all is well. He's head down with his feet kicking my left side. He seems as perfect as can be so she wasn't concerned. His heartbeat was at 138-140 which is normal for him. My hospital doesn't do 3D ultrasounds though, which is a bummer. They have the capability but won't do them unless medically necessary. That would have been a really fun time if we could have though. Friday morning around 11 am, we left for our baby moon! Pregnancy hormones made me cry when we left our kitty with a friend! I checked in on him a lot (probably annoyed the sitters) but I wanted to make sure he didn't escape out the door or onto the balcony. He was actually the perfect angel the whole weekend. Then he came home and yowled for an hour. Our guinea pigs got to stay home and be checked up on by our friend Chad. They couldn't care less if we were gone or not, but we missed them all the same. The drive up there was good. It only took us a couple hours (I have a speeding problem because it should take more than that). We were even early for our check-in so we got to just relax and have a drink (non alcoholic for me of course!) until our room was ready. The honeymoon suite was very nice and I've posted a picture below! It had a sitting room when we walked in, and then a bedroom with a jacuzzi tub. The first day we went to Gordman's, Burlington Coat Factory and Toys R Us. I found cheap maternity clothes and new jeans, as well as a mustache ring for my baby shower among other things. At Burlington, we found the baby two suits. They were too cute to resist and pretty cheap too. Again, pictures below! Toys R Us, we got Isabel a new baby doll. Since her and I took the "I'm a Big Sister" class and she learned how to swaddle and dress a baby she's been obsessed. The next day we did a lot more shopping and found a cute baby boutique and also hit up the mall. We had some amazing thai food. I hate not having a thai place in our city because it's my favorite type of food. We shopped so much that I thought my feet would fall off. We got lucky and it didn't rain the entire time until we left for home. It was extremely humid though. We did go swimming once and that was pretty fun too. On the way home was the worst. We hit rain the whole way, and part of the interstate was washed out. I'm glad we left when we did so that we we got through before they decided to close it off completely. We also hit a fog patch that was terrible. I have huge fog phobias and was panicking. We made it home safe though, picked up Castiel and unpacked. I had a ton of laundry to do of course! This week, I have two late shifts at my job so working until six instead of four thirty. I have a breastfeeding class on Tuesday and then I work my last weekend at the salon on Saturday. We do have next Monday off though for Memorial Day!

How far along are you: 32 weeks - 3 days

How big is the baby: Bok Choy (approximately 16.7 inches from head to heel and around 4 pounds!)

Baby's Gender: It's a BOY!


Baby's Name: It's classified.

Weight Gained: I'm not actually sure. They weighed me at my appointment, but I didn't ask them.

Clothes: I love my long tees. I bought two more on our baby-moon, as well as new pants because mine have a hole in them. 

How are you feeling: I've been feeling more miserable every day. I have starting waddling more so than walking, and I get tired really easily. Staying positive though, and looking forward to meeting him. 

Cravings: Red Licorice and veggie burgers

How are you sleeping: I slept terrible the whole baby-moon trip. It just wasn't my bed and the pillows were "too" fluffy (although Brad loved them) and I was thrilled to get home just to sleep in my own bed with my snoogle.




Also, my co-workers threw me a little baby shower today while I was in the office. It was so cute. They decorated my desk and got me cute card and a Target gift card too. It was a very sweet gesture!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lot of fun!!

    I hate fog too! I am so paranoid to drive in snow and fog!

    All of your little clothes are so cute! Your honeymoon suite looks nice. Jealous! I could use a vacay right now!

    That is awesome that you are taking so many classes before the baby is born. I didn't take any, and I really should have. I was determined to breastfeed, so I did a lot of research beforehand, but still had a lot of trouble at first. I ended up pumping for the first 6 wks! I was eventually able to transition, but we have always had little issues here and there! Happy to say I've never had to do formula though, so it worked out! You will be so glad you took all of the classes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The classes thing didn't actually work out for us either. So, I'm just going to hope for the best. The prepared childbirth classes were missed due to an open house for Isabel's school that we had to attend. If we didn't, she may not have gotten into the after school program which would be tragic with our schedules. Then the breastfeeding one, I ended up being sick that whole evening. I'm glad you made it through because I plan on making it work too!

      Delete