Sunday, December 1, 2013

Three Months






                                                              I'm Three Months Old!


Sorry for my lack of updating but this was my first month back at work and life has been busier than normal. I have to tell you all about Alaric's third month!




He never ceases to amaze me. He learned so much in the third month. He definitely "talks"  more and more everyday. He did have kind of a rough month though. He learned to roll over from back to belly which is amazing! But... this means I can't swaddle him anymore. I tried swaddling one arm one and both arms out with no avail. I then ordered a transition swaddle called Zipadeezip and that was still rough but better. He would fall asleep but then startle awake every hour or so. It was terrible sleeping for both of us (at least he got to nap during the day!). 





So, as we are working through the swaddling issue Alaric comes down with his first nasty cold. It was almost a three week thing and he was miserable. He couldn't breathe that well with a stuffy nose so I had a humidier going non-stop. That didn't even really help. He would get too stuffed up and wake himself up and cry. I felt so bad for him! We did eventually go to the doctor but his lungs sounded good and he was getting enough oxygen. We held off on antibiotics because I didn't want to go that route unless I had to and he ended up getting over it himself. 





Then the third issue of the month was his poor gums. He started drooling terribly this whole month and near the end it was definitely a teething kind of issue. He always has hand in his mouth to chew on. I've tried some cold teething things but he doesn't care for them. Some nights are worse than others. We've ended up sleeping on the couch a couple nights already. 





This was a couple days before I went back to work. I was so sad, but look at that cute face! Being back at work was super hard the first couple days and I cried a lot dropping him off at daycare but now we are in a routine and everything is better. 





We were going for the old man look with this outfit. I even parted his hair to the side. 




Isn't this face hilarious? It was almost bedtime and he was not having it.





It was Alaric's first halloween and you can see how happy he was about it! he went to daycare for the day and they went trick or treating at an office. I'll post the rest of the halloween pictures below. The hat and scarf I crocheted him a couple days before the holiday. 






I owe Marlana a ton this month for all the times she has watched the kids for us. This is a picture she took while hanging out with Alaric.





I love Alaric in his snowsuit. Isn't it the best? He's like a mini lumberjack.



The last little picture to share is just this big boy hanging out.





I always share some pet pics so here they are as well. Castiel sitting in the baby bath - Nolan destroying a paper towel roll - & - Lillith being the lazy.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment