Monday, July 29, 2013

The First Few Days

Good Afternoon! I hope to find all you lovelies in happy spirits this Monday. 

My beautiful Alaric is one week old today. How did that happen already? 


I wanted to just reflect on the past week. We've been learning to adjust with different sleeping hours. It's been getting better day by day. The first couple days at home were a little rough as he was up every hour or so, but we changed swaddling blankets and it has went a million times better. Last night, I even had to wake him up to nurse because he was that sleepy. We are on a 2-3 hour schedule at night. He tends to sleep more during the day actually, so we have been keeping lights on and tv to try to keep him up a little more. I actually figured this would happen as he would kick away at night when I was still pregnant. The poor husband had  Monday through Friday off work last week but was sick from Wednesday to Sunday. He's only starting to recover today. In other random news, I've already had to trim Alaric's fingernails twice since he was born! I can't believe how fast they grow. 

Nolan has to show how cute he is compared to baby. 


 Yet... he still gives him 4 am kitty snuggles.


We had our first bath time at home. He smelled so good afterwards but screamed at the top of his lungs the entire time we were giving it. So afterwards, we had some snuggle time. 



 We have these adorable stickers in Just Born, One Week, Two Week, Three Week and then every month as well. We should have a nice collection of pictures by the time he's one!



 He doesn't love his swing quite yet, so he's kind of mad in this video. He also has the hiccups which made him a little crabby. 


 I love this shirt. Boys Are Awesome =)


This mama has been trying to eat extra healthy to (of course) lose the pregnancy weight (Which actually has been going well. According to my scale I've lost around 22 pounds and I only gained about 24.5 from my last OB visit) and also to pass good nutrients on to him while nursing! I've finally started to feel more normal and less sore as we hit the one week mark. The worst part is that my back, neck, hips etc. are all out of place from labor/delivery and I am in serious hurting mode from that. The headaches last all day. I even left a desperate voicemail for my chiropractor but unfortunately he hasn't got back to me. I do have an appointment set for tomorrow if nothing else. 


In other exciting news. Castiel is featured as Animal of the Day at Our Hen House! You can check him out here

That's all the updates I have for you today friends. Have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment