Monday, July 15, 2013

40 Weeks

0 Weeks! I am actually past my due date at this point. Which is all fine and good, he will come when he's ready. I feel like everyone is more antsy than me for him to get here. Babies come on their own schedules and I don't need to rush him. We had a Midcontinent flub this past weekend. Our home internet has been slow due to an old modem and my work internet has been sketchy to say the least. We had an appointment set up for Friday night so that Midcontinent could bring us a new modem for our personal internet and try to get that going better for us. Well since my work one has also been iffy, the IT department ended up re-scheduling our personal appointment and replacing it with a work one on Monday afternoon. Not sure who's mess up that was but it was definitely an inconvenience for us. I'm hoping I can make it through tomorrow now just to get the internet fixed. Other than that, this weekend was pretty uneventful. I didn't want to go a bunch of places in the off-chance my water would break or I would go into labor in public. No need to create a scene. I did go to Grown Ups II on Friday evening and highly recommend it. SO FUNNY! Other than that, I have been making smoothies every day from my new book 365 Vegan Smoothies by Kathy Patalsky. I'm seriously getting obsessive but it has been so fun getting everything cut up the night before and then enjoying a nice cool breakfast/afternoon snack when it has been 90 degrees out! She has so many amazing combinations that I highly recommend it! Other than that, just watching Dexter with my hubby and reading a bunch of books. I just finished Dark Places by Gillian Flynn which was amazing. I'm also reading Vegan For Her by Virginia Messina and JL Fields which came out in digital copy this past week along with The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. This coming week I really have nothing planned (for good reason) except a doctor's appointment on Wednesday if he hasn't arrived by then. They are then planning a fetal non-stress test to make sure he and the placenta are still healthy. I hope everything is all good because I don't want to induce! I promise (hold me to this) to keep updating this  blog once our love bug finally does arrive with lots of pictures and stories. Thank you for staying with me on this journey!
How far along are you: 40 weeks - 2 days
How big is the baby: Small Pumpkin (approximately 20.2 inches from head to heel and around 7-8 pounds!)
Baby's Gender: It's a BOY!

Baby's Name: 


 
Weight Gained: 26 pounds (I stayed the same at my last appointment)
Clothes: I lived in a comfy dress all weekend, or just a pajama shirt. I actually had to get dressed for this picture (and for the midcontinent tech)
How are you feeling: I've been a mixture of tired-ness & hyper-ness, if that's not weird or anything. Also, nesting keeps me cleaning all day long which is good because I don't get bored and the house looks great.
Cravings: Just my smoothie cravings. It's now turned into a full fledged obsession. I want to make every smoothie in that book!
How are you sleeping: I actually may have overslept this weekend but it was so nice! The worst part is getting up for bathroom breaks and trying to climb either over my husband, the cats, or my snoogle. 

Other:
These guys never snuggle together and this actually happened this weekend. I think it was more of a too-stubborn-to-move kind of thing. They both love the top of the tower even though it's the smallest. 


Also, you can see how hard I work during the day. I love Castiel's expression. 



I am new to the podcast world but have been loving listening to this one. It's super informative and funny and if anyone knows me... I get obsessed with things really easy.

Our Hen House (check it out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment