Sunday, July 27, 2014

Alaric's Birthday Party



               Happy Birthday (Party) Alaric!


Today was Alaric's birthday and we were so thankful to everyone who joined us. We had some amazing 75-degree weather and got to have the party outside. It was a hectic day prior to the party and thankfully Marlana and my mom came over to help out. I didn't think we could get everything out on time but we did - just barely. 

I had a Gryffindor colored banner which had pages from the first Harry Potter book in it too which was very cool. I had ordered it from Etsy and am going to hang it in Alaric's room now. 

I also had balloon sets in all house colors, yellow tableware, and red lanterns.

We had gift boxes, harry potter glasses, and Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans for the kids. 

My mom had made red velvet cupcakes and I had edible Hogwarts crest toppers. I made Alaric a mini cake like the one Hagrid brought Harry - it was pink with green frosting. I thought it turned out awesome and he had fun smashing it. 

We had fresh fruit and vegetables and some Chex Mix for the guests to nom on too. 

Alaric was very tired but did SO great the whole day. We had a lot of no shows and cancellations so the turnout wasn't that great but it was fun either way. 

At the end of the day, we had some fun taking selfies. I wish I would have taken more earlier but it was just so crazy. I don't even remember much of the party because I was running around like crazy.




















No comments:

Post a Comment